By Mely Caballero-Anthony
With the top of the chilly battle, threats to nationwide safety became more and more non-military in nature. matters equivalent to weather swap, source shortage, infectious ailments, traditional failures, abnormal migration, drug trafficking, info defense and transnational crime have come to the leading edge. This ebook presents a entire creation to Non-Traditional safety options. It does so by:
- Covering modern protection matters in depth
- Bringing jointly chapters written through specialists in every one area
- Guiding you in the direction of extra fabric to your essays and tests via extra studying lists
- Giving exact causes of key concepts
- Testing your figuring out via end-of-chapter questions
Edited via a number one determine within the box, this is often an authoritative consultant to the foremost options that you're going to come across all through your non-traditional, and environmental, defense stories classes.
Read or Download An Introduction to Non-Traditional Security Studies: A Transnational Approach PDF
Similar civil rights & liberties books
This quantity contributes to the extant and prolific New Agendas in conversation sequence from the most salient views in the box of communique: New applied sciences and Civic Engagement. The influence of the web and different technological advances are always observed at such a lot junctures of present day conversation learn agendas.
Is 'citizenship' nonetheless an invaluable idea? Can voters - and democracy - exist independently of the country? this article offers an available advisor to the theories and debates that encompass the foremost political techniques of kingdom, citizenship, and democracy this present day. John Hoffman studies the trendy improvement of those techniques from the vintage texts of Marx and Weber to the post-war evaluations of the feminist, multicultural and important theorists and considers the on-going boundaries to an entire realisation of a democratic citizenship.
We are living in a hugely advanced and evolving global that calls for a fuller and deeper realizing of the way glossy technological instruments, rules, practices, and associations engage, and the way diversified societies alter themselves to rising realities of the electronic age. This booklet conveys such concerns with a clean viewpoint and in a scientific and coherent manner.
Asylum seekers aren't welcome in Europe. yet why is that the case? for plenty of students, the rules became extra restrictive over fresh many years as the asylum seekers have replaced. this modification is usually stated to be approximately numbers, equipment of go back and forth, and purposes for flight. briefly: we're in an age of hypermobility and states can't take care of such volumes of ‘others’.
- South Korea in Transition: Politics and Culture of Citizenship
- Race and Education in North Carolina: From Segregation to Desegregation (Making the Modern South)
- The Speeches of Fannie Lou Hamer: To Tell It Like It Is (Margaret Walker Alexander Series in African American Studies)
- Women's Suffrage in the British Empire: Citizenship, Nation and Race (Routledge Research in Gender and History)
- The Rise and Fall of the Caucasian Race: A Political History of Racial Identity
Extra info for An Introduction to Non-Traditional Security Studies: A Transnational Approach
An Introduction to Non-Traditional Security Studies: A Transnational Approach by Mely Caballero-Anthony